Your social media profiles are the first encounter of brand awareness and the first opportunity to introduce your company to people.
In addition, your social media profile often shows up in your Google Ranking – so you will want to make sure that it is in excellent shape – especially if this becomes the first landing page of a future customer or client.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Your display name should be your company name or something that you are known for in your industry.
- Your username should also follow these rules – but often you cannot change it so commit to it – your social media URL’s will include this name.
- Your profile pic should be clear and professional – this can be your logo or a headshot if that is how you represent your company i.e. if you are a real estate agent or musician. Make sure it is sized correctly for that platform and it doesn’t cut anything off in the crop.
- Your link – make sure the link to your website or a specific landing page are easy to find and use by visitors – so they can click through.
- Your bio – this is a very short snippet that needs to encapsulate everything your business has to offer – this can be your elevator pitch. On certain platforms – like Linkedin – you can add a longer description.
- Your cover image should also be sized correctly, not clash with your profile pic and adds personality to your brand – on Facebook – this can be a video.
Whatever you decide to do with your profiles – this really is the most important first step to setting up the social media presence of your company. These are also closely intertwined with your overall online reputation. It is important to take the time to convey clear messages, brand awareness, and fabulous images.